Updated January 1st, 2018
These rules apply to all teachers of Cary Chinese School:
- Be familiar with and follow school policies and rules. While at school, do not engage activities unrelated to teaching or school without written permission from the school.
- Follow Teacher Rules. Start class on time and end class on time. You must report planned absence to your Director at least one week prior and help proper transition of work with the substitute teacher.
- Sign in at school lobby 15 minutes prior to class start time, and be in the classroom 10 minutes prior to get ready. If you can't show up for class on time due to emergency situation, you must call and notify your Director before class starts.
- Admit students to your class according to the school registration list. Do not change classes or students on your own.
- Maintain classroom order and advise students about school rules. Keep the classroom clean and in good order, make sure that unauthorized equipment and material in the classroom are not moved, used, or damaged.
- Record student attendance, mark tardy, leave early, or absence. if a student is missing class for two weeks in a role, report to parents and your directors. At the end of each semester, turn in the student attendance sheet to your Director. Any substitute teacher must also record student attendance, and provide the attendance record to the classroom teacher in time.
- Use proper conduct and language, take care of the students, respect students and parents. Communicate with parents on regular basis, and try to obtain their support to achieve teaching goal. If needed, report to your Director about any problem with students or teaching activities.
- At the beginning of each semester, communicate with parents about teaching plan and requirements. Each week follow up with parents in email about teaching content, homework, and student attendance status. At the end of each semester, report student attendance and achievement summary to parents.
- Prepare for each class ahead of time, and teach each class with full attention. Ensure your teaching has its purpose and plans. Be flexible on teaching methods.
- Attend teachers meeting, teacher training and activities. Gather and accumulate teaching material. Improve teaching quality.
- Keep up with the school news by subscribing to school newsletter and checking weekly news at school. Encourage and organize students to participate school contests and activities.
- Support school operation, help communicating and enforcing school policies and rules. Contribute to the success of the school.
- If you need to resign from teaching, provide a two-month advance written notice to your Director and cooperate on work transition.
Additional Rules for Chinese Class Teachers
Additional Rules for On-Site Activity Class Teachers
These additional rules apply to all teachers of On-site Activity classes:
- Prior to the start of each semester, prepare a written teaching plan marked with dates. Communicate the plan with students and parents, and submit a copy to your Director for archiving purpose. If there's change during the semester, you must communicate to students and parents in time, and provide an updated copy to your director for archiving purpose.
- Be in the classroom 10 minutes prior to class start time to ensure smooth transition with the Chinese language teacher who uses the same classroom. Make sure the room is kept clean and restored to its original order.
- You must report planned absence to your Director at least one week prior and help proper transition of work with the substitute teacher. You are responsible for recommending a suitable substitute teacher for your class, and obtaining approval from your Director.