Cary Chinese School (“CCS”) is seeking submission for a School mascot and name.
Official Contest Rules and Procedures
The mascot design and name should symbolize Cary Chinese School, and its community, culture and values to foster CCS spirit and pride. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
"Entry” means a design created by the Entrant for the Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of the Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals who are students, alumni, staff, teachers, or parents at Cary Chinese School.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with CCS as required below. A minor must ask his/her legal guardian as joint entrant.
- Submissions are due no later than September 1, 2017 at 11 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Entries must follow the contest Design, Naming, and additional Guidelines.
- Entrants may only submit ONE (1) design and only ONE (1) name.
- Each entry should include the following:
a. Signed entry form
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line CCS Mascot Entry_FirstName _LastName.
- Mascot artwork/design should be original work only. Clip art images/ illustrations are not permitted.
- Mascot artwork/design should be full body images, this means the entire body should be drawn and may not be cut off at the knees, waist, or shoulders.
- Mascot artwork/design may be created in any medium, including, but not limited to, pen, pencil, charcoal, vector-based, watercolor, etc.
- Mascot artwork/design should fit within the space of an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper. It should be able to manipulated in regard to size, being legible both very large and very small (1 inch).
- Designs will be accepted based on following computer-generated formats: JPG, TIF, PDF, EPS, and AI in resolution of at least 600 dpi.
- Mascot name may be incorporated into the design or attached as a separate document for the email submission.
- Name suggestions should not include established product, service, character or mascot names (e.g. Wolfpack, Tarheels, Blue Devils).
- Entrant may NOT post their submissions on public sharing websites. Violators will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Nudity (implied or actual), drug paraphernalia or other non-family friendly Mascot design and name submissions will be removed from the competition. Any entries deemed inappropriate by the Mascot Committee will be removed from the competition.
- If an entrant is found to be harassing or threatening a fellow entrant, be it online or elsewhere, the entrant responsible for the harassment or threats will be disqualified from the Contest.
- CCS will organize a Mascot Committee (“MC”) for the Contest to evaluate the submissions by each entrant. CCS has the final right of decision on the composition, number of MC members or appointment/removal of the members of the MC.
- The MC will decide the top five, which will then be submitted to the School Board and it will determine the winner of the Contest and his/her design will be selected as the official mascot for CCS.
- The MC is entitled to review entrant’s qualifications and reserve the right to cancel any entrant’s participation qualification.
Winning entries for each mascot option will be eligible for the following prizes:
- Artwork/Design: $800
- Name: $300
The winner(s) will be announced at the upcoming CCS Chinese New Year Gala planned for January 2017.
Please download the PDF version to sign the agreement. All entrants must have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the above Official Rules.