1. The teachers and school department of administration shared the duty on management of grading policy.
2. Grade will be assessed at the end of each semester, twice a year. The final grade consists of final exam and general performance, which includes quizzes, assignments, classroom activities and attendance, etc.
The proportional of the final grade is as follows:
Final Exam: 40%
Midterm Exam: 20%
Other (including but not limited to, quizzes, classroom performance, etc.): 10%
3. CCS grading scale is in accordance with the Wake County Public School System's grading scale to assess the students’ performance.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = < 59
I = Incomplete
4. The class instructor assesses the grade in two weeks after the final exam and submit to the department of administration. The instructor should carefully check the grade and confirm that the grades are free of error before submitted.
The instructor who cannot submit the final grade due to exceptional circumstances should apply for rescheduling exam or postponing grade submission to the department of administration.
5. All the grades will be entered into CCS grading system within a week after received by the department of administration.
6. The grade cannot be changed after entering into the system. If an error has been found, a written note by the instructor along with supportive materials (a copy of the student’s exam paper, record of general performance etc.) should be submitted for the approval of the department of administration with the signature of the program director before the change.
Any application for changing grade need to be made within two months after the grade submission. Late application will not be accepted.
7. The grading policy will be implemented from May 1, 2016. The department of administration reserves the right of final interpretation.